Rain

This piece was assigned to me in a writing exercise under the teaching of Dr. Mason. The personification of the weather and someone “talking” to it adds to the meaning behind this writing. Relating your emotions to the weather probably comes more often than you think. I hope you all enjoy my poem titled Rain.  

 Rain

A slight drizzle or a torrential downpour

It is all the same when you are sorrowful


The clouds hover over the sky

Like the weight pushing on my chest


I gaze out the window wishing for someone's help

and the earth hears my call 


She is sad just like you or I

She cries like you or I


I find comfort in our sadness

But she is not sad for ever


The sky breaks and the sun cascades in

She smiles bright and greets us with a warm embrace


I try to change like how she easily did

But all I can think of is rain


I found relief when she was with me

But now she is better and I am still a broken record


I cry out to her

My sadness turns into anger


The clouds rush over and blacken the sky

Like how the anger darkens my mind


A little sprinkle or hard rainfall

Is all the same when you are miserable 


Or alone. 


Comments